The 2013 Annual Report on
Malawi is now live »
1. Malawi: Human rights abuses must not go unchecked in election run-up. 2. Invitation to an Amnesty International press conference on Burundi/Rwanda.
Report NWS 11/101/1994
1. Malawi: Amnesty International urging for highest standards of human rights protection to be included in new constitution.
Report NWS 11/034/1994
After three decades of one-party rule and serious violations of human rights, there is now an open and lively multi-party system with general elections scheduled ...
Report AFR 36/002/1994
1. Tunisia: Actions must speak louder than words; 2. USA: Letter to USA asks Clinton to put an end to all executions; 3. Brazil: "Candelaria massacre"; 4. China ...
Newsletter NWS 21/002/1994
1. Austria: AI criticizes proposed changes to Austrian legislation on conscientious objection; 2. Germany: AI calls on Hamburg authorities to review complaints ...
Report NWS 11/018/1994
1. Malawi: AI visit breakthrough.
Report NWS 11/147/1993
Foster Azele Mlombwa, a former Malawi Congress Party (MCP) district chairman, was granted an adjournment of his appeal before the Traditional Court of Appeal in ...
Urgent Action AFR 36/034/1993
1. USA: Life or death debate (Gary Graham). 2. Network update. 3. Actions speak louder than words - UAs at the World Conference. 4. UAs making news in West Africa ...
Report ACT 60/002/1993
In the light of the pro-democracy vote in June 1993 and the drafting of a new or amended constitution, this report contains an outline of Amnesty International's ...
Report AFR 36/031/1993
Foster Azele Mlombwa could face execution if his appeal to the Traditional Court of Appeal in Lilongwe fails on 25 August 1993. Foster Mlombwa, former Malawi Congress ...
Urgent Action AFR 36/032/1993