Ahead of the first anniversary of the enforced disappearance of 43 student teachers from Ayotzinapa, in the Mexican state of Guerrero, on 26 September, Amnesty International will launch a package of media materials, including in-depth analysis of the human rights crisis in the country.
The pack will include:
- In-depth analysis of the human rights crisis in Mexico, in particular regarding enforced disappearances.
- A timeline of events since the students were arrested on 26 September 2014
- Pictures and testimonies from parents of the 43 students
- Pictures and footage of the events that led to the student’s enforced disappearance and of some of the demonstrations that took place across the world since then.
- A 4-minute video of the events, with a voiceover by renowned singer Lila Downs
Amnesty International’s experts will be available for interviews in English and Spanish.
For more information or to arrange an interview, please contact:Josefina Salomón, [email protected], Mobile: +52 (1) 55 42 71 88 75 @josefinasalomon