Use your creativity and favourite art form to tell world leaders why they should be #OpenToSyria.
Creative expression is helping these refugees from Syria, whom we met in Lebanon recently, deal with their trauma and stay hopeful for a better future.
Syria’s 4 million refugees are trapped in the world’s worst humanitarian crisis. Most are sheltering in just five countries in the region.
We want the world’s richest countries to share more of this responsibility, by opening up to more of Syria’s most vulnerable refugees through resettlement – a life-changing opportunity to start new lives abroad.
Help us get through to them
Use your own artform – painting or drawing, photography or digital art, spoken word/poetry, a blog, singing, dancing – anything you like – to tell world leaders why they should be #OpenToSyria.
The best entries will win a place in our global video message to governments on World Refugee Day, 20 June 2015.
To enter, simply send links to a clip or photos of your art to [email protected]sty.org by 31 May 2015. (Don’t forget to tell us your name and where you live.)
Terms and conditions:1. The promoter of this competition is Amnesty International International Secretariat, Peter Benenson House, 1 Easton Street, London WC1X 0DW, UK.
2. The Amnesty International Open To Syria competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.
3. The best entries will be selected by a panel of Amnesty International judges, based on their assessment of the most striking and innovative artwork, and included in a campaign video. Amnesty International is not obliged to publish any entry.
4. Entrants must only submit artworks that are their own original work. Any evidence of plagiarism may result in the entrant being removed from the competition.
5. The publishing of the winning entries does not constitute any form of employment by Amnesty International to the winners. Winners will not be paid.
6. Once an entry is submitted to the competition, Amnesty International will have the right to use it in connection with the competition, including the right to copy, edit, display, publish and make it available in any format.
7. The winners will be notified within 14 days of the selection being made.
8. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. It is a condition of entry that the rules of this competition are accepted as final and that entrants agree to abide by the rules.
10. No purchase necessary.
11. The names of the winners will be made available on request by emailing [email protected]