Amnesty international brand hub
consists of the words Amnesty International and the Amnesty Candle placed within a defined rectangular box. The construction and clear space around the logo are determined as shown. We never change the proportions of the logo or the distance between the wording and the Candle.
To create maximum impact our logo works best when placed on a contrasting background and should never be placed over a background with the same colour.
We prefer to place the Wordmark in the bottom right corner. When it is not possible to place the Wordmark in the bottom right hand corner due to image/language/other constraints then it may be positioned in any other given corner, whichever best suits your layout.Download our logos
Logo use examples
Logo layout and dimensions
Standard paper size layouts
Brand hub 1
How much yellow?
Yellow is our primary colour and symbolizes intervention. We use it like an alert to highlight a level of urgency. Simply, the more the yellow, the more urgent the ask. There are a variety of ways to employ the yellow as the examples show. We use it to give emphasis or special importance to a particular word or to draw special attention to a piece of communication. Considered use of the yellow can help to make a message more visually prominent and to accentuate key words/sentences. Yellow can also be used as a detail of colour in an image.
Black is the main secondary colour to yellow. It is designed to add strong contrast helping yellow to really stand out and also when black is the only option.
There is a set of secondary greys which should be used sparingly so not to compete with Amnesty Yellow - for example in information graphics and references in reports.
White plays a vital role in the colour palette too and in many ways is as equally important as black. Sometimes there is a need for a lighter, brighter and more open look to a communication. We use white as the dominant background colour in reports, campaign digests, and also for headlines and copy over still and video imagery.
The candle is best used at demonstrations and protests, events in public spaces. It should be placed in the top right corner and supported by the words Amnesty International in the bottom left corner.Download the candle
The brand typeface is Amnesty Trade Gothic. It is bold, sharp, clear to read and when used in upper case it gives urgency, power and directness to our messages. It should be used in all our communications to help build a unified and consistent voice across the whole movement.
The "Amnesty International" words and the Amnesty candle and barbed wire logo (the “Amnesty Marks”) on this webpage are internationally recognised trademarks belonging to Amnesty International Limited, based in the UK. You may only use the Amnesty Marks on all of the following conditions:
- The Amnesty Marks are used only in accordance with the guidance on this webpage;
- The Amnesty Marks shall be used purely for referential and non-commercial purposes;
- The Amnesty Marks shall be used only for the purpose of onward publication or other dissemination of authorised Amnesty International publications available on this website;
- You do not use the Amnesty Marks in any way that could indicate or create the impression that Amnesty International endorses, approves, sponsors or is affiliated with any products, services or goods available including via your own website and/or social media;
- The Amnesty Marks are not combined with any other graphic elements or altered in any way other than as set out on this webpage;
- The Amnesty Marks do not appear any more prominently than your own logos or company name;
- The Amnesty Marks remain the exclusive property of Amnesty International, and by using the Amnesty Marks, you agree that you shall not, in any way whatsoever, register or attempt to register the Amnesty Marks, or challenge the same;
- You use the Amnesty Marks in the context of our publications in accordance with our Permissions, which are set out here: https://www.amnesty.org/en/about-us/permissions/.