The 2012 Annual Report on
Rwanda is now live »
1. Rwanda/Burundi: AI launches public appeal for exceptional United Nations action on Rwanda and Burundi.
Report NWS 11/091/1994
In this document AI sets out its recommendations for urgent and coordinated human rights action by the UN on both Rwanda and Burundi. A special session of the Commission ...
Report IOR 41/002/1994
This report documents AI's concern about the killings in Rwanda precipitated by the killing on 6 April 1994 of President Juvenal Habyarimana. By early May almost ...
Report AFR 47/011/1994
1. Pakistan: Police ignore attacks on Ahmadiyya; 2. Israel and the Occupied Territories: Israel must conduct policing review in the wake of the Hebron massacre; ...
Newsletter NWS 21/005/1994
1. Rwanda's military and government authorities complicit in atrocities; 2. China: Highest recorded death sentence figures probably fall drastically short of the ...
Report NWS 11/086/1994
Charles Shamukiga, a human rights activist with the Association des volontaires de la paix (AVP), is dead. He is believed to have been killed on 7 April 1994, the ...
Urgent Action AFR 47/006/1994
1. Amnesty International calls for suspension of US military assistance to Colombia (AIUSA news release). 2. Rwanda: A crisis long in the making.
Report NWS 11/075/1994
The three ministers named above, Faustin Rucogoza, Landoald Ndasingwa and Frederic Nzamurambano have been extrajudicially executed by the Presidential Guard. It ...
Urgent Action AFR 47/004/1994
Amid persistent reports of extrajudicial executions by members of the Presidential Guard and other divisions of the security forces, there are fears for those who ...
Urgent Action AFR 47/003/1994
1. Amnesty International appeals for calm in Rwanda and Burundi.
Report NWS 11/067/1994