The 2013 Annual Report on
Malawi is now live »
News Service 132/97. AI INDEX: AFR 36/03/97. 23 JULY 1997. Malawi: Amnesty International welcomes suspension of executions and commutation of death sentences. ...
Press Release AFR 36/003/1997
In this open letter to the delegates to the Constitutional Conference, AI registers its concern about the retention of the dealth penalty in the interim Constitution ...
Report AFR 36/001/1995
In this short paper, AI calls on the new government to abolish the death penalty. Recent developments in the use of the death penalty are summarized.
Report AFR 36/006/1994
1. Malawi: Human rights symposium; 2. Haiti: Human rights must be respected in any possible intervention in Haiti.
Report NWS 11/166/1994
1. Malawi: AI welcomes reforms promised by new president.
Report NWS 11/117/1994
1. Malawi: Commutation of all current death sentences; 2. Federal Republic of Yugoslavia: Legislation; 3. South Africa: Moratorium; 4. Turkey: University students ...
Newsletter ACT 53/002/1994
1. Malawi: Human rights abuses must not go unchecked in election run-up. 2. Invitation to an Amnesty International press conference on Burundi/Rwanda.
Report NWS 11/101/1994
1. Malawi: Amnesty International urging for highest standards of human rights protection to be included in new constitution.
Report NWS 11/034/1994
After three decades of one-party rule and serious violations of human rights, there is now an open and lively multi-party system with general elections scheduled ...
Report AFR 36/002/1994
1. Tunisia: Actions must speak louder than words; 2. USA: Letter to USA asks Clinton to put an end to all executions; 3. Brazil: "Candelaria massacre"; 4. China ...
Newsletter NWS 21/002/1994