The 2013 Annual Report on
Burundi is now live »
1. Malawi: Human rights abuses must not go unchecked in election run-up. 2. Invitation to an Amnesty International press conference on Burundi/Rwanda.
Report NWS 11/101/1994
1. Burundi: Time to act to end a cycle of mass murder; 2. Indonesia / East Timor: AI welcomes Minister of Foreign Affairs intent to establish dialogue on human ...
Report NWS 11/095/1994
The nine people named above are reported to have "disappeared" after being arrested on 29 April 1994 by members of the security forces. They were detained at a ...
Urgent Action AFR 16/012/1994
The ten people named above and 18 others were arrested on 29 April 1994 by members of the security forces during an operation to disarm armed civilians in Kamenge ...
Urgent Action AFR 16/011/1994
1. Rwanda/Burundi: AI launches public appeal for exceptional United Nations action on Rwanda and Burundi.
Report NWS 11/091/1994
In this document AI sets out its recommendations for urgent and coordinated human rights action by the UN on both Rwanda and Burundi. A special session of the Commission ...
Report IOR 41/002/1994
1. Pakistan: Police ignore attacks on Ahmadiyya; 2. Israel and the Occupied Territories: Israel must conduct policing review in the wake of the Hebron massacre; ...
Newsletter NWS 21/005/1994
1. Amnesty International appeals for calm in Rwanda and Burundi.
Report NWS 11/067/1994
This document describes six cases of victims of the appalling ethnic violence which has engulfed Burundi since October 1993. They are: Leonce Hantakirutimana, a ...
Report ACT 33/011/1994
1. Burundi: Thousands killed in ethnic violence; 2. Haiti: Fear for the safety of the inhabitants of Raboteau and Cite Soleil; 3. Three AI appeal cases released ...
Newsletter NWS 21/004/1994