The 2012 Annual Report on
Bangladesh is now live »
1. Bangladesh: Call for protection of Taslima Nasrin and other journalists.
Report NWS 11/151/1994
1. Haiti: Shanty-town residents die in mass killings; 2. USA: Governor allows death penalty to be reinstated; 3. Spain: Prisoner hangs himself after beatings; 4 ...
Newsletter NWS 21/007/1994
1. Nigeria: Security forces attack Ogoni villages; 2. Bangladesh: Call to the government to provide equal protection to all sides during general strike on 30 ...
Report NWS 11/140/1994
1. Bangladesh: Blasphemy charges brought against journalists and writer.
Report NWS 11/128/1994
1. Bangladesh: AI requests further information regarding Taslima Nasrin.
Report NWS 11/119/1994
In this document AI presents some issues which may be relevant to the discussions of the Committee on Application of Standards during the 81st International Labour ...
Report IOR 42/001/1994
Two armed police guards continue to maintain a round-the-clock vigil outside the home of Taslima Nasrin, after an Islamist group, the Council of Soldiers of Islam ...
Urgent Action ASA 13/003/1994
This report describes AI's concerns about three separate incidents of killings of unarmed civilians. Four men died in April 1993 when members of the paramilitary ...
Report ASA 13/002/1994
1. Saudi Arabia: Hundreds arrested in religious persecution; 2. Brazil: Third police massacre; 3. Ethiopia: Compensation awarded to women torture victims; 4. Cambodia ...
Newsletter NWS 21/008/1993
It has been reported that two armed police guards have now started a round- the-clock protective vigil outside the home of Taslima Nasrin. She is under a death ...
Urgent Action ASA 13/015/1993