The 2013 Annual Report on
Algeria is now live »
Mohammed Benmarksi, a taxi driver who had worked with a number of foreign journalists in Algeria, was arrested and taken from his home on 8 April ...
Urgent Action MDE 28/002/1995
1. United Nations: The Commission on Human Rights fails to take action on five crucial human crises.
Report NWS 11/051/1995
1. South Korea: Amnesty International puts human rights on the agenda of President's European meetings. 2. Western Samoa: Sedition charges against ...
Report NWS 11/045/1995
AI delivered three oral statements to the 51st session of the UN Commission on Human Rights. It made statements on the UN's thematic mechanisms ...
Report IOR 41/004/1995
1. Federal Republic of Yugoslavia: Two years later, abducted people must not be forgotten. 2. Algeria: Amnesty International calls for an independent ...
Report NWS 11/041/1995
This document consists of 11 appeal cases, illustrating some of the violations of human rights suffered by women all around the world. The cases are ...
Report ACT 77/004/1995
1. Algeria: Amnesty International condemns yesterday's bombing.
Report NWS 11/024/1995
1. "Less politics and more human rights" Amnesty International urges the United Nations Human Rights Commission.
Report NWS 11/020/1995
1. Algeria: Human rights should be at top of Rome meeting agenda. 2. Turkey: Leading human rights defenders threatened with imprisonment.
Report NWS 11/006/1995
AI has learned that Abdelkrim Mammeri was brought before a magistrate on 12 December 1994. He is currently detained in El Harrach Prison in Algiers ...
Urgent Action MDE 28/014/1994