The 2013 Annual Report on
Nigeria is now live »
AI is concerned about the incommunicado detention, without charge or trial, of a former head of state as well as other civilians and serving officers of the armed ...
Urgent Action AFR 44/001/1995
1. Israel and the Occupied Territories: Human rights under threat from both sides; 2. Afghanistan: International community ignores killing and torture of civilians ...
Newsletter NWS 21/002/1995
1. Nigeria: Blatant contempt for rule of law.
Report NWS 11/285/1994
1. Brazil: Key witness to Candelaria massacre shot dead in Rio de Janeiro. 2. Nigeria: Amnesty International delegation stymied in its mission.
Report NWS 11/283/1994
1. Nigeria: Amnesty International delegation visits Nigeria to investigate human rights violations, including killings and Ken Saro-Wiwa murder trial.
Report NWS 11/275/1994
Nigeria is facing one of the most serious human rights crises which it has experienced in the past 34 years. The military government of General Sani Abacha has ...
Report AFR 44/013/1994
1. Nigeria: Military government clamps down on dissent.
Report NWS 11/252/1994
There is concern that the military government under General Sani Abacha has restored mass public executions by firing squad. These executions often follow trials ...
Report AFR 44/012/1994
1. Trinidad and Tobago: Man executed while appeals still in progress. 2. USA (Massachusetts): state legislature moves to reinstate death penalty. 3. USA (Arkansas ...
Newsletter ACT 53/003/1994
On 2 August 1994, 38 prisoners were executed by firing squad before a crowd of 20 000 in Enugu, southeast Nigeria. It was reported that one of them, Simeon Agbo ...
Urgent Action AFR 44/011/1994