Letter Writing Marathon 2010 in Bangladesh and West Bengal (India)
Each year hundreds of thousands of people mark International Human Rights Day on 10 December by taking part in Write for Rights, Amnesty International’s letter-writing marathon.
We write letters and take action online to demand that the rights of individuals are respected, protected and fulfilled. In doing so, we show solidarity with those suffering human rights abuses and try to bring about real changes to people’s lives.
Join the hundreds of thousands of people around the world who will be writing letters and taking action online for 10 days in December. From Belgium to Benin and Switzerland to South Korea, Amnesty International events will take place around the world from 4-14 December 2010, to mark International Human Rights Day.
People will come together to Write for Rights by sending letters, emails, faxes, SMS messages and tweets, and signing petitions. Take action now.
Amnesty International Bangla Online Community (BOC) volunteers are organising Letter Writing Marathon event in Bangladesh and West Bengal, India. Please find the list of events and the names of contact persons below.
List of Events and name of contact persons:
1. Mr. Kartic Halder, (Kartic_cst@yahoo.com)
When: 10th December 2010 (From 10.00 to 17.00)
Where: Central Shaheed Minar,Dhaka, Bangladesh
2. Mr. Tuhin Kumar Maitra and Ms. Pinki Raha, (E- mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
When: 10th - 12th December, 2011, 14:00-18:00 (Local Time)
Where: Behind Bibha Press, Vill. Nibedita Palli, Po: Guma- 743704, PS: Ashokenagar, Dist: North 24 PGS, West Bengal, India
3. Mr. Sankar Pal (E-mail: email@example.com)
When: 12th December, 14:00-18:00 (Local Time)
Where: City Centre, SAIL Cooperative Complex, Durgapur-713216, Dist: Burdwan, West Bengal.
4. Mr. Subrata Sarker (Barka) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org,
When: 10th December 2010, 9:00-17:00 (Local Time)
Where: Different locations in Northa Bengal, West Bengal.
1) Kadamtala ( Near Karuna Gas),Jalpaiguri.: Mr.Unush Ali
2) Collegepara (near A.C.College) ),Jalpaiguri: Mr.Samir Das
3) Keranipara , Jalpaiguri: Mr.Subodh Bhattachariya
4) DBC Road,(Near Sarker Petrol Pump) Jalpaiguri: Mr.Manas Mazumder
5) Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College,Jalpaiguri: Rana Saha
6) Takimari,PO:Rangdhamali,DT-Jalpaiguri: Sri. Ankur Saha
7) Maynaguri,PO:Maynaguri,DT-Jalpaiguri.: Sri. Biswajit Roy HDC
8) Lataguri,PO:Lataguri,DT-Jalpaiguri.: Sri. Kalyan Sinha
9) Mekhliganj,PO-Mekhliganj,DT-Coochbehar. Sri. Pintu Singh
10) Siliguri,PO:Siliguri,DT-Darjeeling.: Smt.Shampa Roy
11) Ramgaon,PO-Jaigaon,DT-Jalpaiguri: Mr. R.P.Sharma
12) Ramjhora Tea Garden: Mr.Shibu Sharma
13) Chamurchi,PO-Binnaguri,DT-Jalpaiguri: Mr. Sona Mukerjee
14) Barnes Bazar,PO-Maynaguri,DT-Jalpaiguri: Mr. Shibulu Roy
15) Kalchini,Jalpaiguri: Mr. Ram Kumar Lama
16) Mohitnagar Welfare Organization,Jalpaiguri: Mr. Chandan Kundu
17) Sebagram welfare Organization,Jalpaiguri: Mr. Barun Biswas
18) Rajganj M.N.High School. Mr. Mihir Sarkar
5. Mr. Hafizur Rahman Masum, Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
When: 9:00 – 16:00 (Local Time) on 8, 9, 10, 11 December 2010
Where: Elixir International School (EIS), Shaheed Nazmul Sarani, Masterpara, Katia, Satkhira, Bangladesh.
6. Mr. Md. Junaed, E-mail: email@example.com
When: 11:30 AM on 12th December 2011
Where: Eastern University Auditorium, Faculty of Engineering & Technology (Campus-2), (Level-6)
House 8/A, Road 4, Dhanmondi R/A, Dhaka-1205, Bangladesh.
7. Abdullah Nuhu, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
When: 10th December 2010
Where: Shahbag, In front of the National Museum, Dhaka-1000, Bangladesh.
8. A S M Alamgir, E-mail: email@example.com,
When: 9th and 10th December 2010.
Where: Birampur Degree College (9th December) and Birampur Press Club (10 December), PO. Birampur, Dist: Dinajpur. PIN: 5266. Bangladesh.