In the context of the UPR, Amnesty International makes the following recommendations to Liechtenstein:
Independent national human rights institution:
• To establish a genuinely independent national human rights institution in accordance with the Paris Principles;
• To ensure that the national human rights institution is mandated to receive and take action on individual complaints, monitor the general human rights situation, coordinate with thematic mechanisms, and participate with government and other authorities on the drafting, enactment and execution of human rights legislation;
• To ensure that the national human rights institution has the necessary financial and human resources to carry out its mandate effectively;
• To ensure that members of the national human rights institution have adequate knowledge and expertise in the field of human rights and are appointed independently of the government.
Ratification of international human rights treaties:
• To ratify the Optional Protocol to the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights and to opt-in to the inquiry and inter-state mechanisms.